What are the advantages of mediating my case?
- Mediation allows the ability to control your own destiny. You can work with an unbiased North Carolina mediator rather than leaving your fate in the hands of a judge.
- You can participate in mediation at anytime, giving you a flexible way to resolve issues.
- Mediations are typically is held in a conference room environment, providing a comfortable and informal atmosphere
- Mediation provides for a non-threatening environment: The mediator remains objective and does not serve as legal counsel for either party. You decide if you want legal counsel to be present during the mediation.
- Even if you can’t resolve all of the issues, mediation allows the opportunity to settle some conflicts and reserve remaining issues for trial.
- Mediation can result in binding agreements and court orders that carry the full weight of the law.